Nash Exchange Staking Contract

We’re proud to release our staking contract to the public today! Source code is available here: https://github.com/nash-io/staking

We have not deployed this contract to Neo mainnet yet, so you can’t stake your tokens yet! But this will of course be live for exchange launch.

Please note that staking dividends and distributions are handled by the matching engine rather than this contract. Either way, I’m happy to answer any questions the community has.

Thanks as always for your support and feedback!

42 Likes

Bravo! =)

1 Like

Appreciate the hard work you guys do!

The community complains but at the end of the day, they’re extremely grateful to have the opportunity to invest in such a project.

Keep up the great work Thomas, and please pass gratitude onto the rest of the team.

5 Likes

This is not the thread to demand answers and complain, take a moment to celebrate this amazing accomplishment by the team! Bravo Thomas and team, looking forward to seeing the staking contract go live! :tada:

10 Likes

Great news Team ! !

1 Like

:man_dancing::man_dancing::man_dancing: lets go Nash!

1 Like

Go Nash! :nash_n:

2 Likes

:blue_heart:

2 Likes

nash-tastic :grinning::rocket:

2 Likes

Congratulations nash team, great achievement that should be celebrated by this community. This is another step closer for nash and the community to being able to use a platform and be rewarded for using the product.

4 Likes

Thank’s nash-team for your great Work!!
You guys are awesome.

1 Like

Great job guys. :muscle:

Uhh I am so excited :smiley:

Question:

if amount % STAKE_MODULUS != 0:
        raise Exception("Must be divisible by 100000000")

Basically it means we can only stake “round” numbers like 1, 2, 5, 10, 100, 200, 400, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, etc?

Awesome! I am glad things are building up slowly! Step by step!! Thank you

is equal to 1 NEX.

Maybe I misunderstood but 1 NEX?

1 mod 2 = 1
1 mod 500 = 1
while
100000000 mod 1 = 0
100000000 mod 2 = 0
100000000 mod 5 = 0
100000000 mod 10 = 0
and so on?
It says if result is not equal to zero raise the exception else return amount right?

means…
if the left over from deviding the amount by the STAKE_MODULUS is not equal to 0 it raises an error.
the amount is always multiplied by 100,000,000 in NEP5 so that the contract doesnt have to deal with decimals. ie. 1 NEX’s amount is equal to 100,000,000 in the “eyes” of the contract.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s correct!

no staking 1.000000001 tokens unfortunately :smile:

1 Like

Neo Global Development ( NGD ) does currently run the most consensus nodes, though this is slowly changing. COZ also runs one along with Dutch Telecom provider KPN. There are I think 2 more entities preparing their nodes on testnet, and once they are stable they’ll be coming on line. When that is complete, NGD nodes would need collaboration from non NGD nodes in order to cheat the network.

In regards to network issues with NEO, we’re well aware of them and have been pushing for changes for some time to improve stability. Either way, we’ve designed our protocol in a way that even if NEO is not running properly, the exchange will function almost the same as normal, with the exception being that deposits and withdrawals would be delayed.

With regards to NEO being a component of our name, this is no longer an issue with the new name :wink:

6 Likes

Ok, now it makes sense, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like