NASH > Binance ? Discuss

i didnt suggest anything was stupid, i was referencing your comment,

Why did people start using binance? It has a huge selection of coins, it’s fast, and user friendly. Also, lower fee’s than most. I think we should get back on topic

3 Likes

binance has a very good referral program commission and with their nice ui and speed, people start to promote it easily, i would suggest for nash to start a new referral program at lunch instead of the current one it’s not attractive

3 Likes

Yeah its clear the NASH exchange has a lot of work to be done before it is Binance level. That is what the beta is for though of course! Hopefully the team takes a good look at all the suggestions in there thread as there are a lot of good ones! This may take some time, we are just all comparing it to the best UI’s in the centralized exchange game that have been in it for a while.

1 Like

I would be ok to lower a little bit (the portion is to be debated) the revenu of the stacked NEX toward a referral program for a period of say 1-2 years where people can lower their fees using NEX tokens for instance. I know it is a copy and paste from Binance and other exchanges. But it seems to work attracting users.
We could tweak it by only giving these referral discount if

1. you refer NASH and depending on how any people you have referred you enter a higher discount bracket
  2. consume NASH for the discounted fee (same as Binance in this case).However, I know that NASH is a security and I cannot figure out how this would work at the moment.

This would create 2 effects:

• attract users
  • create liquidity within the NEX tokens

It is however an extra investment from the NEX community and many may bash that idea and note that this is just a brainstormed idea to open a dialogue nothing more. But then again, if we really want NEX to succeed we must go and bring this success; we must not simply wait and see.

PS: Once again it is simply an Idea nothing more at the moment.

1 Like

I personally do not like the design of binance at all. From the beginning I found the design of binance shady and dubious. I am a fan of a clear simple serious design like NEX / Coinbase. In my opinion, this is also better for the mass acceptance of cryptocurrencies. For my parents, it would definitely be easier to buy/trade Bitcoin on Nash than on Binance.

3 Likes

It is from the start stated by nash that NEX will only be used for dividends sharing purposes. Not for any utility purpose such as using for discount on trading :grinning:

4 Likes

The best reason to use nash is that all stakers will be able to receive a portion of dividends. Which is legal from regulatory POV since it is a regulated security token.

So if everyone uses nash exchange. Everyone who stakes NEX will get a big share of profit.

2 Likes

I guess I missed that part haha

1 Like

Binance dominance began when China banned exchanges in september 2017 and most Chinese moved to Binance (Huobi was another that survived the slaughter). They were also prepared for massive surge of people during peak bubble while other exchanges suffered under the load. Bittrex, Poloniex and BTCC (for Chinese) were the go to exchanges before that. Binance took market share from all of these exchanges.

3 Likes

Many of the HODLers should have no issue with switching over, being able to store everything on one account would be great. I’ve always liked kucoin’s UI more than binance, there’s just a lack of liquidity and listings on there so I rarely use it. I like BIG.one UI as well, but never use it because I have no need. I’m not a trader. 99.99% of people probably aren’t.

Day traders probably make up only a small minority of their target market. What is ~60k day traders compared to countless millions of bankless individuals? I don’t even compare Nash to Binance personally; I compare Nash to PayPal because that’s what I’ll largely be replacing with Nash for freelance income, and PayPal dwarfs Binance in terms of active users. Binance is a speck, I use Binance so little that I don’t even think about it, I won’t miss it one bit and neither will a lot of other people. My current on-ramp is LTC from CoinBase -> Binance -> my wallet. So I’m replacing coinbase as well.

It’ll be nice to have advanced trading features at some point, but I think focusing on listing many currencies and bringing the uninitiated users into crypto is a wiser decision than trying to convince tech-savvy day traders to switch sides.

4 Likes

In long term, I compare Nash to Revolut, N26, Robinhood, PayPal, Coinbase and of course Binance. All those companies strive for domination and have different strategies. I like to think about the emerging fintech space similarly as previously social media. There is Myspace, LinkedIn, Twitter, Snap, but there is one clear winner - Facebook. I believe something similar could happen here as well. There might be a few large companies but there will be one that will dominate the space.

2 Likes

nash could be the financial facebook that connects all previous solutions and that decentralized. :nash_n:

1 Like

Think of Binance like MySpace and Nash like facebook. Beside that nash will do to binance what emails did to post offices. Think of Nash in 5, 10 years +. The game will change cause nash will be totally macture. You can’t compare a grown-up kid with a macture guy. Just when the kid mactures before you will know his potentials.

A tunamis is coming,all the big crypto names binance, coinbase are panicking. They seems to know what awaits them.

Nash the sleeping beast will get up soon. Its just a matter of time. Stay focus and believe in Nash.

3 Likes

I think our community will be very positively surprised how fast we can catch-up on experience. Hardest thing was to design and implement protocols that allow the UX needed, now we just need to refine the interfaces to unlock it.

10 Likes

I’m looking forward to being surprised, and i fully understand the need to make sure base systems are solid and in place before focusing on the polishing of final product.

I guess i was just looking very much forward to moving fully over to NASH the moment it releases, and was just a little hesitant to the fact that as someone who trades day to day on binance that i would find it difficult to make that full transfer solely due to the features binance has in place and its ease of use and user comfort.

By no means was i trying to belittle the work you have done, just trying to get a discussion going on the benifits that another exchange has and its features/systems that our user community would like to see brought over to NASH at some stage and why.

I’ve said so on another post… but i see a lot of Binance hate and people clanning together for one platform or another and getting to the fanboy levels of being blinded by the fact.

… Good or bad points from other exchanges should be seen as a way for NASH to either absorb and utilise the good and to learn from the bad so times not wasted on making mistakes.

Its a great thing to have this beta testing period open to the userbase and supporters, and an even better thing to have this forum open to discussion to help suggest pathways forward that may have been overlook internally.

:+1::grinning: keep it up!

Didn’t think you were. All good. Right now we prefer the critics. I couldn’t get a sense of what was that you felt lacking that motivated the post, what was the tipping point that made you create it ?

1 Like

There was no one thing … i had numerous things in mind but each was brought up and discussed on the beta feed back thread. The thing that made me post up really was just to get others thoughts on what they would like to see implemented from current big exchanges, and also to highlight that just becuase binance and the like are competitors so to speak, they also do things right in many cases and that NASH would be a better experience if incorperated.
I have no experience creating such things so i cant imagine the samount of work you have to do and the process of building and implementing features.
Just knowing that your taking all suggestions into account is good enough, and the post was hoping to highlight this.

1 Like

Exactly right. Well done to the team for what has been achieved so far. The product is going to make a mega splash.

1 Like

If nash can be able to list majority of coins that the USERS want plus good UX and safety, people will come here.

1 Like