Nash and the competition

Hey Alex,
Fabio’s classifications are apt. I don’t see any reason to fiddle with them. This seems kind of petty and time could be better spend doing other stuff.
Cheers

No problem at all Alex. I appreciate your points. The idea is not to over-analyse things. I am quite confident in the team’s ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience, judging from several articles they’ve written.

1 Like

Aphelion never fails to disappoint. I don’t even know which category this exchange fits into. A class of its own…

https://link.medium.com/9jC03hoHaU

2 Likes
3 Likes

LOVE LOVE LOVE Chico heated on the head. This is when one can give more time to nash to make all arrangements before laughing.

1 Like

Yeah Chico is amazing.
He also said in one of the Telegram groups that he’s in for an interview with one of the guys from Nash. Soooo, @canesin, @ethan, @fabwa, would be cool to make that happen :slight_smile:

4 Likes

yeap, in contact.

8 Likes

@anon73805886 Obviously holding all the nodes for a blockchain and then building an exchange on top of it and claiming it to be decentralized is very different than holding all the nodes for a matching engine. Nash team can never access your funds despite them holding all the nodes, they can only block trades in the case that you might be laundering money or doing some other illegal activity. And they plan on allowing others to run nodes very soon making the system more decentralized.

2 Likes

@anon73805886 when a order is put in Nash it is not a simple API request, it is a signed order by the trader - that enters a communication layer (were we broadcast data from). The idea of provably fair is that since the matching engine is deterministic you will be able to get the data from the communication layer and recompute the current status of the order book and match history.

To do this verification you will need a single process FIFO bot (as concurrency is a major issue with determinism and one of the reasons for our complexity), we plan to provide a reference implementation for this after the MVP is online.

The communication layer is to be decentralized in the future and have its own clock, one of the functions of a consensus is that it maintains a network clock.

3 Likes

update: our article about DEXs was pushed to end of next week, as we want to use as an educational material to new followers.

9 Likes

Great strategy.

2 Likes

Who are they?

Official web;

Competition or somebody to partner-up with?

They’ve got the same license Nash was granted by the FMA – TT Exchange Service Provider. They’ve got seven other licenses too, though:

Not sure what each license is needed for…

edit: Found it!

1 Like

Maybe Nash doesn’t need that much licenses since it’s non-custodial.

@canesin ING, the largest bank in the Netherland and one of the biggest in Europe, has developed “Pyctor” (https://www.pyctor.com), a digital assets post-trade market infrastructure for global custodians, institutional issuers and other capital market actors as they call it. They claim their platform to be regulatory compliant, truly decentralized by design, Token agnostic for wider adoption. Pyctor involves layers of security such as multi-party computation (MPC) and hardware security module (HSM), they say. Sounds a lot like the conditions Nash is promoting.

Since Nash plans also offering its Plattform as a “ready to go” infrastructure layer to established businesses such as Banks, maybe the team should have a look at it and evaluate its USP’s against this powerful competition.

Please don’t think, that this solution is not comparable just because this consortia keeps the crypto assets in custody. The point is, that they could also implement the Nash platform for holding assets in custody for their clients.

2 Likes

Pancake is an AMM DEX on Binance smart chain established last year. It has 363 (mostly ridiculous) pairs and now they have around 250 mil $ of daily volume. I hope they are faking their volume otherwise there is something seriously wrong in the universe.

2 Likes

It’s a DEX - volume is completely transparent for verification on-chain.

Bought pancake back at 30c - it’s rocking! It’s basically gearing up to be the uniswap of binance chain, so good!

15x in 3 months, not bad. Wouldn’t touch it now though.

With funding everything is possible, money moves the world my friend.

Crypto.com and Visa partnership;

“Visa To Start Settling Transactions With Bitcoin Partners In USDC”

Nash is in a good position to offer similar services via Nash Link

1 Like