Moving forward!

So the volume is low right now. It is expected on an exchange where people have to set up everything first. Apparently we don’t have banking yet as well.

But what can we do? I own a bot system with a few hundred k of volume a day(I thought that’s a joke for nex). I actually thought that the liquidity providers are big players and I don’t even have to apply for that.

Let’s cut to the chase, they are not as good as i thought. Given a few month I could have brought lots of the pairs to spreads below 1% consistently on launch.

I still can given a few weeks(a month), if they just bring out a normal REST API or maybe best for me python module. Yes I can work with js, but my whole network is coded in python. Integrating js(ts) into that would need too very long for me alone.

I need a REST API docu asap, to not decipher all of the npm module painfully. Best would be python module. Exchanges are getting big over bots, let the programmers in and give you freaking volume.

I will think about making the bot open source with others to provide faster liquidity and get help with some code, since i am working alone currently. Would mean i loose revenue though, but since I got some NEX this might even be ok.

12 Likes

Python & Go SDKs were supposedly being tested back in March so should be available any moment now.

I’m also better versed in Python than typescript so @canesin #JustNashIt :grin: :nash_token:

3 Likes

Have you considered helping out…? :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @kabelman, volume is low because we are live less than 2 days, where we communicated several times we would start with a minimal footprint. Regardless, would be great to have you and any other market player running bots on Nash! We hope to provider the best experience for everyone, doesn’t matter which volume they exert.

While it appears simple, this is probably the most complex exchange in operation (I include here even traditional systems), it has several layers of AML systems to support global cross-border markets, cryptography, settlement and etc.

Better to iron out any quick small and push growth after, cherry on top we are non-custodial so no mistakes are allowed.

Liquidity providers: they are professional established players - as I communicated in the Round 1 topic, we are focusing in NEO-ETH, NEO-USDC and ETH-USDC first. Have you encountered noncompetitive prices there on those markets ? I would be amazed with 1% of spread there. We are expanding to the other markets, some will have the own projects operating in near future.

REST API: this is probably where the complexity of the system surfaces, we can’t provide the traditional quick-and-dirty REST with a API KEY that you do a simple HMAC for authenticated requests. We use actual blockchain valid signatures and serialization that can be ingested in the smart contracts, the APIs are served using GraphQL, see: https://app.nash.io/api/graphql/explore … due to the clear barrier of the crypto in doing this tasks for authenticated requests we are providing the SDKs.

Python SDK: This will be release soon enough so we can fulfill the mission of great experience for Python developers. We already have internal Go and Python clients but those require some final touches, we are not more than a couple weeks away of releasing those. But if you want to work on it yourself in the mean time all it does is call the GraphQL endpoints with the correct crypto that you can see at nash-protocol: https://www.npmjs.com/package/@neon-exchange/nash-protocol

Best,

12 Likes

Hello @canesin,
Thanks for the long answer.

All we can see now is the liquidity on the ETH-NEO market. While i do agree that the Spread is “ok” on that market, but in comparison for example to Binance accounting for Spread gain for fees, still double. This is acceptable.

The main problem i see is that the orderbooks are very very thin. I do appreciate all your work and since i worked on POCs in that tech-area for a research institute in Germany, i don’t take the exchange for granted. Nevertheless “professional established players” creating such a thin orderbook? That does not look professional to me. Its just an honest educated opinion.

If you could provide the Alpha version of the python SDK, i would love to start working on a more liquid solution, so people can make bigger buys and sells without affecting the price to much. Even if the SDK is not fully developed i am sure it would help me a lot. Obviously without much testing i will start with lower funds and add to them incrementally while the exchange is running.

After further development i may also be able to provide some liquidity to smaller pairs making the exchange look rather complete.

I would rather help the exchange grow, than just be depressed about the current status.

Greetings,

2 Likes

I thought about it, but honestly felt like 2-3 years of “Professional” coding experience might not fit their standards.

1 Like