Market maker bot

When I was trying to work with the bot I also had several GraphQL problems.
Here is a short list what I figured out:

1. Account is not KYC’d
  2. Tradingpair is not available in your country
  3. Your max_funds_in_flight must be higher than the minimum of the market
  4. When you have several trade opened and a new trade gets placed, but only less then the required minimum is left in your available balance
  5. You do not have funds in your trading account (for [neo_eth] you need eth to start)

As well I had the feeling that in a [neo_eth] market the variable:

1. max_funds_in_flight is interpreted as neo
  2. max_funds_in_order is interpreted as eth

I think I had about 70€ of eth in my trading account and got some positiv results with a default.ini like this:

• stable_price = 0.045
  • straddle = 0.0001
  • buy_down_interval = 0.00005
  • max_funds_in_flight = 2
  • max_funds_in_order = 0.05

But this was the only market where I was successful. I tried to get in running for [link_eth], but I just ran into GraphQL errors.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for sharing @Symiaq! I was indeed trying on a non-KYX’ed account… Let me see if I can do something about that.

So it ended up “working” as in making a scrum buy order, but then I went to sleep and I think the bot stopped when the ssh session timed out :man_shrugging:

It’d be nice to be able to deamonize it with some kind of -d option.

I did have to enter a Neo amount to get the bot to work, contrarily to what the file says.

I found it bugging lots of time when running it with less than 1 eth in funds. After I added more to my balance, the performance increased. Maybe that helps.

3 Likes

I have the following questions for those who are actively using the bot. Posting them here as I believe it could be serve as feedback as well for Nash team:

• Did you make any changes to the bot’s codebase?
  • Do you use the bot from a remote server? if so, what tool do you use to make it stay up and running?
  • How do you track your bot’s performance? I haven’t found an easy way to do this.
  • Would you mind sharing your approximate performance you achieved? Do you think the performance increases with liquidity?

Cheers.

2 Likes

Hello,
It was a long time i didnt use the Bot, but i had it running several weeks
So to answer your questions:

1. I did some changes in the bot’s codebase, and i also tried it with a clean version (both worked for me)

2. I use the bot from a VPS; i had installed a tool in my mobile to (free version / purchased version worked fine) so i keep my eyes on the bot everytime i need it, but it’s not really a solution to not let the bot crash

3. For performance tracking, it was not a good experience, i think the team has to implement something clean / clear to visualise the performance, for me i had to register in a separate file the price of ETH / NEO when the order is executed, so you can imagine …

4. The last point is depending on the 3 point, so i just stopped using it, as it was not really clear for me the performance wise.

I hope after delivering BTC and GA, a revision from Fabio could be very helpful

5 Likes

Thought id drop this here . an example of a bot marketplace we could integrate to our platform

https://mudrex.com/

pretty sure theres demand … whether or noth the quality of the bots will be maintained to out compete others … prob not

the idea of using nash order book executions speed to front-run or order rematch on a “pure eth dex”
… well interesting

4 Likes