Manual contract withdraw

Unfortunately I’m in a situation where some ETH are locked in the trading contract. It happened because I wanted to try out the nash maker bot. Therefore I created a new account, because I didn’t want to trade on my main account (risks, testing, …). Since trading up to 1000$ a day isn’t a problem, I thought it will work out.

Summed up, I transferred some ETH to this account and passed them further to the trading contract. After changing my location over Christmas to my home, nash locked me out of all features when I’m logged in with the message: only one account allowed each IP. With this the possibility to withdraw funds from the trading contract is lost.

Well, nash is non custodial so I would like to have a guide how to withdraw funds from the trading contract without access to the exchange tools.

Thanks.

3 Likes

I asked something similar a few months ago. You only hear that you can get your coins at any time, which is not true. It has never been described how to interact with the contract to get your coins. I’m sorry for you. There should actually be an offline tool for this. Or at least instructions. But as long as there is no such thing, it is not true that you can get your coins at any time.

1 Like

Technically, it is true. With the right knowledge of how the blockchains work and availability of your private keys, you could retrieve the tokens. However, I agree that it is currently not really a walk in the park for the non-blockchain developers (the users).

Does this mean that you can’t have two people with Nash accounts in one home or you risk getting locked out?

No, I can do KYC for the bot account and everything will be fine.

/push

Non custodial asset management is one of the main promises from nash. To keep this promise an independent tool for communication with the smart contract, or at least a how to guide, should be high prioritized. @canesin

4 Likes

would be great in the app (as an independent option because you can simply scan texts or qr codes)

/push

I can’t go for KYC for the bot account (denied because I already submitted my documents). The funds are stuck in the smart contract because I have no clue/tool to withdraw without using the exchange. Plus the exchange is blocking all features because I have no KYC.

Have to withdraw this statement.

1 Like

You can still access your private keys, although that won’t fix the problem unless you can figure out how to manually withdraw from contract.

Only real solution in the meantime is to access that account from a new ip address which should work :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @Symiaq we will build the offline withdraw tool later after we conclude current major developments. People should not be creating multiple accounts.

Remind that Nash is a state-channel solution, so when you want to interact without collaboration with Nash directly with the smart contract you issue a request to withdraw the current state, there is than a dispute period in which Nash can send orders signed by the user to sync the state. So issuing a manual withdraw is a slower process just like on lightning-network or plasma when you call to withdraw directly to the blockchain.

The best solution if you created multiple accounts and have been locked is to contact support, you will solve your issue faster than issuing a manual withdraw and will have your account issues fixed.

I know that there are several important developments going on. Now I also know that creating multiple accounts isn’t the best idea (learning by doing). But I always had in mind, it doesn’t matter what happen, as nash is non custodial, I can access my funds in every situation.

Getting in contact with the support will maybe solve my issue, but then I would never had opened this thread. For me it is exactly about withdrawing my eth from the state channel network in a manual way. This will also be the only solution to me, how I will withdraw my funds.

Maybe I’m a bit narrow minded due to this topic, but nash kinda got me with the slogan “trust yourselves”. Withdrawing from the state channel network in a manual behavior totally fall into this scheme, in my opinion. Maybe I’m a bit of a niche customer from nash, but this is one of my biggest needs.

1 Like

I certainly understand, the goal of providing the tool in the future is avoid user mistake.
The vault in ETH and NEO have two public functions

function initiateManualWithdrawal
function completeManualWithdrawal

1st is called to request a state sync directly at the contract, 2nd after the dispute period expire or the acknowledgement of the other side.

I do not recommend using this solution at this moment and instead use the support route.

2 Likes

Thanks for providing the information. I will do some research about how to use it. If I feel comfortable enough I will give it a try, otherwise I will wait for the tool.

2 Likes

Has this tool been developed?

After 2 years of a working non-custodial platform, we should have had a method for retrieving assets by now.

1 Like

Above you can find the response from Kellogg in the Q1 AMA. Also, I think Chris mentioned in Telegram that they are working on guides on how to manually withdraw. If I’m not mistaken there will be a guide for manually withdrawing from L2 and a guide on withdrawing from the earnings contract.

If the information isn’t accurate please correct my statement.

1 Like

Thanks, but what about the withdrawing tools for the Nash savings program?