Leadership changes / AMA

I am an Australian and do not have access to all the Nash services and products. How long do you estimate before I will be able to use Nash for more than just storing my Bitcoin and the occasional swap?

Australia is currently not on our roadmap. We do however observe the regulatory developments around the world and welcome opportunities. We are also looking into non custodial earnings products that do not require a fiat ramp.

Do the remaining founders have any plans to reengage and connect with the community to drive and contribute to more community engagement?

We’ll keep the rhythm of product and roadmap updates on public channels. If you’d like to contact a founder directly, feel free to use the community forum or e-mails.

What plans do you have to increase community engagement?

Foremost, we will focus on new user acquisition beyond our community.

Related to the question above, is there any chance of a modified (less costly) version returning of the trading leagues and or competitions? I feel like community engagement has not been the same since…

While at first glances, the league looked like a success, the reality is that it was heavily subsidized. The value for money in terms of user acquisition or traffic beyond the competition was not good enough to justify continuation of the programme or a version of it.

3 Likes

Is this really the case? Development work has been completed even for Q4 goals? If so then thats great news. Does this mean we just need quality assurance testing?

No it has not, seems to be a simple language mistake here.

ETA on GBP fiat ramps?

It’s not in our control as we are waiting for the FCA to finish processing our application. We hope for clearance in late Q3 or early Q4.

2 Likes

What happened to all the future partnerships and discussions with other parties mentioned in your 2021 strategy shift? I seemingly recall 10-15 active discussions for some of Nash’s products (e.g white label fiat ramps). It feels like AVAX/POLY were big announcements, but now, nothing (omitting ANCHOR).

Please follow our public channels for partnership announcements.

Regarding UK licensing, I’m confused by why it’s taking so long to get the green light. Nash has shared that it’s all about compliance from day 1. Is it due to Nash being non-custodial? Is Nash just sitting in the dark waiting or is there a plan to acquire the license imminently?

It’s not in our control as we are waiting for the FCA to finish processing our application. We hope for clearance in late Q3 or early Q4.

2 Likes

The product offering at the moment is quite strong in its horizontal scale. There is a Fiat on/off ramp, there are fully function wallets for multiple chains, there is a dex integration for multiple chains, there is a earnings market place, there is the L2 exchange and there is an IBAN offering (with cards in a later iteration) in the near future. Are future efforts planned to further introduce new products, like f.e. NFTs with a market place or Nash Link, or is it planned to vertically scale existing products, like expanding the ramp and wallet? This question aims at the mid to long term perspective.

We are focusing on the communicated offerings for now.

Oh and hello community forum, long time not seen. Will it remain active in the future?

We are discussing with our community admins and ambassadors whether the community will have a role again in our future setup.

2 Likes

a start-up may need different leaders in different stages of growth. Are you planning (or open) to hire a new CEO, COO, CMO, at a later stage? I think Kellog and Rob had skills that were an addition to the skills of the founders and employees → hopefully you stay open for reflection/own weaknesses and evaluate constantly what is needed to make nash a succes.

Self reflection and proper analyses of weaknesses & threats are at the core of our principles. If we deem it beneficial to put CxOs in place again, we will do so.

Are some of the VC’s (like Maven11) involved in this decision? Are they still involved in the project and advising/supporting Nash?

Yes

2 Likes

Once you have most of your planned offerings live in 6 months time, will some dev resources switch back to the L2?

Yes

How could the past issues with the L2 be remedied (issues like crypto stuck between trading and personal wallets, liquidity, sometimes huge gas fees making it financially unfeasible to move crypto between the wallets, the apparently complicated and time consuming task of implementing new chains, etc)?

Developments at Ethereum will help quite a bit here.

4 Likes