How far back should trading history go ? [poll]

Have you ever encountered a situation on an exchange where you run against the limits of history keeping ? (Its usually 3 months)

• Longer than 3 months history is a plus for me
  • Longer than 3 months history wouldn’t make a difference for me

0 voters

Do you keep a journal of your trades elsewhere (spreadsheet for example) ?

• Yes I usually keep a journal of my trades
  • No I usually don’t keep a journal of my trades

0 voters

Backstory: in October last year I placed ridiculously low buy orders (at that time) against ETH pairs. Today I noticed some of those orders actually got filled, but I don’t remember my entry price and amount I dedicated to this.
The exchange I am using only keeps a history of 3 months back. I cannot find a single trace of those orders anymore.

1 Like

The longer the history the better, you never know when you may need that information.

2 Likes

yes exactly, they should ideally have the entirety of the exchanges history available always and forever. Imagine looking at the weekly and it only goes back 3 months… that’s only 12 candles of data

Edit: I think you mean your trade history xD my bad, you need this info for taxes so at least a few years is ideal.

2 Likes

Great examples. I ment trade (order) history indeed. But the question could apply to the candles/chart too… (both cases are concerning history keeping)

1 Like