Facebook is reportedly looking for allies to support its planned cryptocurrency payment service

The competition will be stiff :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Look for nash…!! Facebook!

1 Like

They released the ‘Kraken’ :
https://libra.org/en-US/white-paper/

2 Likes

“The Libra Association is an independent, not-for-profit membership organization, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.”

Nash should be a part. With their knowledge, they can certainly contribute a lot

1 Like

Let’s remain objective, will you :sweat_smile:
As much as we may love Nash, I respectfully doubt they can challenge Facebook (AND ALL THEIR PROVEN PARTNERS) unfortunately…

Today is basically the start of a new era, Libra to become the China-like WeChatPay for the West; there is no turning back…while at the same time with Facebook’s announcement, Nash is looking for fiat ramps partnership :

It’s basically game-over for 99% of $hitcoins which have been promising c-rap that they knew they would never be able to deliver…
What’s left for us is only hope Nash is not one of those :man_shrugging:t5:

“Ready when ready” has been a convenient moto to shrug complains about delays compared to the intial roadmap; let’s hope Libra won’t be ‘ready’ before Nash is :wink:

Or maybe we can ask Facebook to hold Libra, until we are ready :grimacing:

It will be…Libra Testnet goes live in a couple of weeks. Mainnet to launch mid 2020 as per whitepaper

1 Like

For some reason, I bet the Team will lock all discussions about Libra…since it’s becoming obvious that today’s announcement is the 1st nail in Nash’s coffin :confused:

U seem not to understand Nash! Just by trading Libra coin it would be one of the few who are permitted to do so! U can sell me your Nex if u like…

Well…maybe I haven’t understood Nash, but I understood what a stablecoin is :wink:
There won’t be any advantage to ‘trade’ Libra (as there is no advantage to trade USDT, TUSD, USDC, etc…)
My sell order is already set on Tokok : see you there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ready when ready!

:rofl:

Apples and Oranges. But if you are colorblind we can forgive you.

As much as we may love Nash, I respectfully doubt they can challenge Facebook (AND ALL THEIR PROVEN PARTNERS) unfortunately…

You’re a recent sign up here and a lot of your posts are negative and uninspired. Your biggest effort in posting is related to a project that offers nothing unique in payments/transfer of value.

Today is basically the start of a new era, Libra to become the China-like WeChatPay for the West; there is no turning back

Facebook is losing users in the West. There’s no secret that active, legitimate users are exploring alternatives, using other social media platforms, or outright moving on. This project seems like a convenient method to remain in the spotlight and is dependent on users in their ecosystem (not trending in the right direction).

The already have partners in the USA, European Union, and Brazil. They are accepting applications for additional partners worldwide.

Building a decentralized financial platform from scratch takes time, iteration, time, iteration, and time. There are no shortcuts here. New users will give the platform one chance, maybe two; can’t squander the opportunity.

4 Likes

Seniority never meant more relevancy :wink:
Obviously, I realize that you’d prefer noobs/moonboys to shill blindly the project, without any criticism, as if it was religion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
A forum shall be a place where different opinions (negative or not) can be expressed, but, after your remark, I will make sure to stay quiet, or to only chant “Ready when ready”, “When moon/lambo”, etc…

Will that make you happier, sir? :neutral_face:

@Babas you have been banned, any user checking your activity can see that you never posted anything of value. Not even a single constructive critic (https://community.nash.io/u/Babas/activity).

Regarding Libra, that is exactly on the direction Nash has been working, it just confirms our vision of blockchain being the infrastructure for the future financial system. We have always said that this is the direction we are building, we would be concerned only if we were a traditional or mobile bank built in the legacy system. Libra is not aiming at competing with most of the cryptocurrencies or tokens, it is competing with banks and central banks, if you think that central banks from places like Europe, Brazil, India, Russia and China will give up on doing monetary policy to accept a digital currency made of a basket of US-lead central banks than you should keep your order to sell. We believe that this is just the first step in the move of national currencies to the blockchain and we will be more than ready to capitalize with a platform built from the ground up to this setup.

[edit]: Regarding currency (fiat) partners, our vision is and has always been to provide a market place for services that offer the buy and sell of cryptocurrency and tokens, instead of doing a vertical integration and building all the infrastructure to allow us to offer the service. It also is in line with our vision of empowering a distributed system. The fiat partners choose what they buy and sell, they can inclusive buy and sell Libra if they decide to, that is why they are called ramps, they provide the connection from the legacy financial system to the blockchain powered one.

8 Likes

I have a free day so I’ll reply:

I agree with your point on seniority/relevancy. However, I am suspicious of newer users whose first comments are negative and driven my personal narrative than fact.

Obviously, I realize that you’d prefer noobs/moonboys to shill blindly the project, without any criticism, as if it was religion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No. This is worse than than the user that comes in with baseless FUD. A quality forum comes from users providing critical thinking and exchange.

Contrasting opinions are definitely welcomed. Not everyone agrees here or thinks Nash is perfect, but we do our best to make the platform better (despite our shortcomings).

4 Likes