I just read the staking contract. A contract for a blockchain I know almost nothing about. So are Nash customers right ? Yet the media always pretend they know more about everything. And the media influences customers…
This is what a critical journalist/customer will notice:
The NEO main-net currently has 7 consensus nodes:
- NEO Foundation maintains 5 of the nodes
- CityOfZion maintains 1 node
- KPN maintains 1 node
However Nash hasn’t launched yet. It doesn’t sound like Nash is taking NEO consensus into account for timing its launch… Why not ? Or does Nash do take this into account ?
Am I missing something ?
- What do consensus nodes do and how much power they have in the network ?
- How does Nash rely on them ?
- How can we help make the NEO Foundation trusted ?
- What can I say to other people having this concern at early stage ? (saying ‘It’s just all FUD’ won’t help gaining trust. How can we ?)
- Is ‘non-custodial’ going to be the primary selling point from day one ? is this a good idea ? Can this go together with NEO announcing new nodes ?
- Does Nash plan to release educational information ?
I am afraid of newsmedia to write about Nash promoting non-custodial exchange while the consensus mechanism behind the blockchain enabling this is controllable by single entity: NEO Foundation? (Even I think this is very temporary… do others know this ? should they know ?)
You think once this staking-contract goes live… nobody can write about this ?
If I just locked up NEX in a contract after learning about Nash non-custodial soulutions…and then read about this from a bad informed journalist…
- What analogies can Nash and community use to explain his/her fund are safe. Are they ? And how ?
- Who is going to enforce justice if something goes wrong… ?
- What convinced European regulators to approve a security token that lives on NEO blockchain ? (does that mean they trust NEO blockchain and its Foundation ?)
I think part of transparency is acknowledge this and show initiative to make NEO more trusted. For example by actively promoting NEO’s onboarding program. And convince customers to vote for a company they would trust. https://medium.com/neo-smart-economy/how-to-become-a-neo-consensus-node-2a6816f56630 Educate about the NEO roadmap…
Yet I haven’t seen any comment from team concerning this…
Am I the only person concerned about this ? (Early launch without trusted NEO)