Community questions for Boston AMA

https://community.nash.io/t/community-questions-for-boston-ama/7177/17?u=canesin

We are non-custodial, the transactions screen is like a explorer - if you access the wallets outside Nash it will show in the transactions screen.

3 Likes

We will not disclose this information. We are financially healthy and currently have enough funds for at least a few years of development.

I will not conjecture how to finance a hypothetical situation. We are working hard to be profitable before our current funds are depleted. (PS: Is not I who spend funds - it is the company. The company is directed by a board, not by me unilaterally)

We already contacted CMC, they require an API that is not available on current explorers for circulating supply. NEX total supply is wrong because they are using neotracker as a reference but we already warned that neotracker has issues tracking some NEP-5 tokens (as is well known in NEO community).

You can access the wallets outside of Nash using the keys, you can also interact with the smart contracts using any blockchain client, like neo-python or neo-cli for NEO and geth or parity for ETH. In the long term we plan to provide a desktop application that facilitate this interactions to people with less technical knowledge.

Tokens could be withdraw from the address using any NEO blockchain tool. A smart contract cannot issue a transaction in itself.

3 Likes

MVP at 23/AGO/2019

3 Likes

We will not disclose this information, many people have multiple investments and we don’t want to influence nor be influenced in this, all tokens will be subject to the same legal and technical process - when operating the exchange we must be as neutral as possible.

4 Likes

https://community.nash.io/t/community-questions-for-boston-ama/7177/21?u=canesin

Yes, it is possible. No, we are not disclosing any details in the near future.

4 Likes

Being in a smart contract would not make it necessarily immutable, for example a couple of weeks ago the 0x project just stopped their exchange ecosystem, dropped orders and issued a update. But: the staking percentage is already programmed in the staking smart contract.

4 Likes

Profit = revenue – cost of goods – operating expense – taxes – interest.

Revenue = everything received.

So 100% profit share would only beat 75% revenue share if the following all together is less than 25%: cost of goods (human resources, materials, licensing and legal) + operating expenses (servers and services used) + taxes + interest (on capital).

Startups usually take many years before turning any profit. For example, Lift, Tesla, Uber, SpaceX and Netflix don’t register profit.

Depends on provider, some support only bank wire, others support only credit card, others both. Nash will support both.

If you deposit or withdraw Bitcoin you will need to wait the Bitcoin network, trading will use state channels so not be as limited.

Founders tokens have not represented any regulatory issue.

6 Likes

He was referring to Nash own fiat ramps that we are working on. At the time the foundation work on those to allow receiving wire transfers was still on-going.

I don’t record any tagged location like that.

Consensus: was very NYC-like, lot’s of bankers, VCs and traders looking around. At consensus we had a room where we did demonstrations of our MVP to media.

Romania: I was invited by an government official and went to prestige the event, my panel was interesting, with a mix of different opinions. Unfortunately I only saw a few panels but I liked the quality of presentations.

Barcelona: While Consensus was a door to outsiders and Romania was a regulator focused event Barcelona was for the industry itself, was great to be in a panel side-by-side with industry leaders while our platform is not operational yet. Speaks miles for the force of this community. It was very good to see some, lot’s of people were interest in meeting us and hear about what we are building. Several projects wanted to demonstrate their wish to be listed in person.

7 Likes

replied above

2 Likes

Nash is non-custodial! We do however plan to expand the staking services to support other tokens besides NEX (like NEO claiming, ETH staking and etc) after launch, the prioritization of this and other to be developed features will be based on feedback we collect and market opportunities.

6 Likes

Our plan is for at least one day before close the website for new registrations and do a migration. After that the MVP will open with all features at once, we don’t envision to have huge volume on the initial month of operation so should not be a problem for users to perform KYC to stake.

8 Likes

We don’t comment on licensing progress, the community have to understand that regulators really don’t like that. When we have news that require communication we will aim to communicate on quarterly reports.

7 Likes

https://community.nash.io/t/community-questions-for-boston-ama/7177/33?u=canesin

When NEX is exchanged at $10 it will be 10x the issuance price of $1. Do a prenup.

5 Likes

We hope to disrupt that market by being bold on accepting technical risk and performing deeper innovations. It will take us at least a couple of years more of building to be competitive against those players in their markets.

4 Likes

You guys already are our consultants! We hear feedback and read things being discussed in the community. There are several successful entrepreneurs in our investor network that we talk with frequently. There was a handful of those in Boston for example, I had a blast talking with them and hearing their comments.

5 Likes

We are doing quality assurance (QA) and deployment tests.

There is a formal process applying to: https://nash.io/business/apply-for-listing

Yes.

see reply to question above

Implementation of the BTC protocol is going to be the focus for the settlement team when MVP QA is finished. This is a 8 persons team and growing.

Our initial focus is people that is already trading crypto, we will use a mix of strategies. But the community will have a important role to play so that we don’t allocate too much resources into this endeavor.

Thanks!

1 Like

https://community.nash.io/t/community-questions-for-boston-ama/7177/37?u=canesin

Yes, that is what I said. I don’t regret it, marketing and legal gave me the green light on information to be presented and I executed. I mean that withing one month the MVP will be open to the public, on the quarterly report we announced the date of 23/AUG/2019.

3 Likes

There is no project currently on plan that doesn’t feedback to the matching engine.

No, that is very complicated to implement in non-custodial form. The reward/benefit of the effort don’t look into its favor when we think about all the things still to be implemented.

Not in a initial moment as is extremely hard to map tax requirements from so many countries and their states in the world. We will however provide staking statements to facilitate each user to compute their taxation. In the future we do plan to progressively add more features to make life easier for digital assets investors (we also hope some legislation changes happen to make taxation complexity more reasonable).

7 Likes

https://community.nash.io/t/community-questions-for-boston-ama/7177/39?u=canesin

No, we will do localization. Several internet business have shown that it is possible to have global reach without white labeling.

4 Likes

That concludes the Q2 2019 AMA. Thanks everyone for the questions.

I would also like to say thank you to all Nash team members in special the other founders, Luciano, Ethan, Fabian and Thomas for their support in replying this questions and for the amazing dedication to this project.

21 Likes