Adding tokens so that community members can trade

I recall on one of your quarterly meetings one of your team mentioned Cardano (ADA) implementation as an example of figuring out ways of integrating other blockchains in the future. With BTC pairs and possibly Cardano in future, this might be the only exchange I personally use (would also help if I could have fiat on/off ramps in Philippines).

1 Like

For sure BTC, NEX and Chainlink. Will be nice to have EOS, Tezos, Ontology, Monero, Litecoin, Stellar, Cardano :smile:

It might be a good strategy to get a mostly unlisted token with a big community. There’s a lot of projects listed on shady exchanges that communities are forced to (reluctantly) trade on. If they have a (much) better alternative they’ll flock towards it. Thinking about something like Omnitude. They’ve got a big active community but no decent exchange options.

3 Likes
  • BTC pair for the top 20 marketcap
  • BTC/ETH/NEO pair for the top 10 marketcap
  • Coin or token that doesn’t have serius exchange but have a big community
  • ERC-20 and NEP-5

0 voters

2 Likes

This is a really good idea you have @GoldFish.
An example is Apex (CPX) which has 14000 on the tg, pretty active, we have no decent exchange really. hotbit, lbank, switcheo, bit-z…
could potentially bring 14000 users to NEX maybe? but im guessing some will be in here already so the numbers will be different.
Only thing is its currently nep5 but they will be doing a token swap to the mainnet soon (so they - Apex, say).

1 Like

@moose @Nash_Investor We definitely need the top traded coins (highest priority) and then think of strategies to onboard more users. Currently there’s no incentive for traders of large cap coins to start trading on Nash until we have the liquidity. In my opinion one decent strategy could be to list these tokens with large communities. They will automatically then also start trading large-caps and that’ll slowly get the ball rolling. What’s do you guys think?

4 Likes

I know that Elastos has a small but strong & passionate community, and they’re only on about 5 small exchanges. City Of Zion should have indirect ways to communicate with the people behind Elastos through previous NEO partnerships. Their community has been clamoring to be listed in more exchanges for over a year now. Just not sure how it is from a legal, compliant perspective though. I heard vaguely about some kind of lawsuit, but haven’t really delved into it.

1 Like

USDC for europe (or some stable coin) and BTC.

1 Like

I hope nash will support IOTA in the near future.
IOTA is the most wanted token on binance.us right now!
I assume there is a huge market for trading BTC/IOTA , ETH/IOTA or maybe as first DEX NEO/IOTA?

Show the world that it is also possible doing cross-chain trades with a tangle!

1 Like

Bitcoin and Litecoin will probably be sufficient. We already have ETH. The big three are what counts.

Other top 10 coins would be nice, but the real volume will come from the top three. BCH and XRP are not my favourites, tbh. They have the two most annoying communities and are constantly antagonistic towards Bitcoin. USDT would be helpful. Stellar maybe.

Monero, Dash and Zcash would be good as privacy coins. A lot of people in Venezuela (and other countries) mine Dash, so it’s good to provide a means to sell Dash. Dogecoin would be good for transfers. Cardano (ADA) is quite speculative, but has a strong community. It would be good to bring them on board here.

I’d avoid scammy/vaporware coins like BSV, TRX, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Diamond, etc. The last thing we need is fake versions of Bitcoin.

4 Likes

Man I really hope Nash looks past politics and screeching normies when deciding to list coins. Muh scammy vaporware, how about just listing as many coins as possible. Stop this tribalistic bs @NJB, this is an exchange. Would be disappointing to see Nash become like Binance and Kraken who delist based on some politics and disagreements about 1 man while disregarding everything else. You don’t hate America because of Trump now do you?

1 Like

I don’t believe Nash Exchange is planning to add every coin/token in existence, so they’d have to pick which projects are: a) legally compliant, b) in demand, c) in the best interests of Nash. If TRON fits all those categories, that’s up to them. This isn’t an indiscriminate DEX. They have full power to choose which projects they list. If they feel BSV should be added, they will do so. Personally, I don’t think they should. We shall see what they ultimately decide. Once they can add BTC, any derivatives will be technically possible.

Yes, it’s within their power to list or not, however, like it or not Tron and BSV are in high demand and should be a priority. I’m not a fan of many projects in the top 100 but this is an exchange, the goal is to attain users and volumes and we shouldn’t discriminate based on petty politics or the actions of 1 person while disregarding all the other moving parts of a project. Sounds a heck of a lot like an oligarchy, thought crypto was supposed to fight that or something @NJB?

imo any project that fits their legal requirements should be considered for listing and what determines priority are things like demand, volume, time and effort to integrate etc.

BSV and BTC aren’t comparable. BSV is a one-man show run by somehow who has repeatedly forged documents, presented fake evidence, and otherwise made false statements. You can’t separate the project from the man. He’s more central to BSV than Vitalik is to ETH. BSV is a centralised project run for the purposes of self-enrichment, falsely claiming to be “Satoshi’s vision”. The founder of BSV will probably get himself into further legal problems as time goes on. That’s not “tribalism” to say. It’s the facts. The activities of Justin Sun are potentially problematic. Again, he controls the project so anything he does that is not legally compliant can be problematic.

Man you’re so thickheaded it’s incredible. What I said was neutral and very reasonable, you’re bringing your prejudices and bias into this discussion. This is the problem with crypto right now, a bunch of noise and screeching.

Again, if it fits Nash’s legal requirements it should be considered regardless of the project. It’s currently #9 on CMC, look past your biases man…

Exchanges forming an oligarchy and doing as they see fit is absolutely disgusting and we’ve seen many good established projects affected by this (Elastos and DGB). Hope Nash is different.

Apart from a tiny echo-chamber, BSV is widely regarded as a scam.

Exchanges are businesses and absolutely should do what they see fit. That’s rather the privilege of being a business.

Your personal attacks are not worthy of a reply.

Alright mate, aussie man bad, we got it.

Impossible to reason with…

I only follow 2 very promising projects: Nash and IOTA.
I’d be thrilled to see IOTA listed as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is IOTA turing-complete? If not, might be very tricky.

I think Nash should offer custody solutions for coins that are next to impossible to implement to make it more versatile.

That is also what I am waiting for